Monday, April 18, 2011

Will Tyler Hansbrough Have A Repeat Performance in Game Two?

Tyler Hansbrough had a stretch during the season where he scored over 13 points in 13 straight games. He had his best stretch of games in that span since he was drafted in 2009.

In Tyler's first playoff game of his two year NBA career, Hansbrough may have had his best game in a Pacers uniform. Hansbrough scored 22 points on 10 of 19 shooting in 36 minutes of play. Tyler hit 8 jump shots all from about 20 foot and he was usually relentless self on the offensive end. When the Pacers were leading 91 to 88 with 4:35 remaining in the fourth quarter, Hansbrough scored 7 unanswered points on his own to give the Pacers a 98-88 lead. The Pacers were looking for him in the post in the final minutes of the fourth quarter.

Hansbrough anticipates that the Bulls will pay more attention to him after he torched them for 22 points in Game One. He said, "I think they'll put a little more pressure on me. I'm not sure what they will do, but they probably won't give me as many open looks. I think they're going to make some adjustments. I can't really tell you what it's going to be. I think they'll try to get Boozer move involved, to be honest with you. But they are going to change things up. Whenever you are playing a team like this, they are going to try to take advantage of their weapon." When Tyler was asked if he will repeat his Game One performance, Hansbrough said, "I don't know, I had a pretty good game. I would like to, but we will see what happens. Just going to come out here and try to win."

Boozer will definitely step out on Hansbrough and not let him take open jump shots from 20 feet. He will make Tyler put the ball on the floor rather than spot up for jumpers, which Tyler is so good at hitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment